The Cross Law Firm's Landlord Law Blog

February 1, 2018

Required Notices for Mobilehome Parks Due by February 1, 2018

Mobilehome Attorney California

Mobilehome Park Owners/Managers:

Here is your reminder that the following notices must be personally served or sent via regular mail to the homeowners/residents by February 1, 2018 to be in compliance with the Mobilehome Residency Law (“MRL”).

1. Notice of MRL significant change:
When there has been a significant change in the California Mobilehome Residency Law (“MRL”), such as this year, Park/Community management must either:
a. Mail or personally serve a copy of the 2018 Mobilehome Residency Law to all homeowners/residents by February 1, 2018; OR
b. Notify all homeowners/residents in writing by February 1, 2018 that there has been a significant change in the MRL and that he/she can request a copy of the updated MRL from the management at no charge. Upon a request by a homeowner, management is required to provide a copy of the MRL to the homeowner within 7 days of the request.

2. Rights & Responsibilities Notice:
Park/Community management is required to send a Notice of Rights & Responsibilities to all homeowners and residents pursuant to the MRL, California Civil Code 798.15(i) on or before February 1, 2018. You can find the exact language required for the Notice in the MRL – Civil Code Section 798.15(i). Please let my office know if you need a copy of this Notice.

3. CARE Notice:
If your Park/Community is a master-metered park, management shall give written notice to homeowners/residents on or before February 1, 2018 in their utility billing statements about assistance to low-income persons for utility costs available under the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program, established pursuant to Section 739.1 of the Public Utilities Code. The notice shall include CARE information available to master-meter customers from their serving utility, to include, at a minimum: (1) the fact that CARE offers a discount on monthly gas or electric bills for qualifying low-income residents; and (2) the telephone number of the serving utility which provides CARE information and applications. The Park/Community shall also post the notice in a conspicuous place in the clubhouse, or if there is no clubhouse, in a conspicuous public place in the Park/Community.

If you have any additional questions please contact the Mobilehome Park Attorney at The Cross Law Firm, APC today.

Create a free website or blog at

%d bloggers like this: